Wanted: Summer Interns
We're looking for 2 kickass summer interns.
This won’t be your run-of-the-mill "fetch coffee and run errands" kinda internship. Nay!, you’ll do real projects and you’ll get practical experience on how to run a small business in the creative field.
Our ideal candidate is a current college student studying business, journalism, communications, advertising/marketing, graphic design, photography, and/or fine art who is eager for hands-on entrepreneurial experience. Please note, this isn't a paid internship, however you can receive school credit for the position.
You’ll work at least 2 days a week (12-15 hours per week) in our Northeast Minneapolis studio. Start and end dates are flexible but should generally fall within your college’s quarter/semester.
1. Hustle (capital H is optional).
2. 2.5 minimum grade point average and be proficient with Word & Excel.
4. A love for social media: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
5. The ability to work with minimal supervision in a quick-moving environment - you’ll need to be a self-starter and have strong attention to detail (including deadlines).
6. A friendly disposition, a good sense of humor, and a tolerance for an adorable (frequently snoring) French Bulldog.
Bonus points if you’re interested in photography and/or the wedding industry.
Bonus rockstar nerd points if you’re proficient with Wordpress, InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Lightroom.
Take ownership of 2 projects which will be completed over the course of your internship.
Assist at 1 wedding and 2 other photo shoots.
Attend at least 2 client meetings.
Learn, learn, learn!
We’ll all gather weekly from some group instructional time (sometimes we’ll have awesome guest speakers). We’ll cover a wide swath of topics, including:
client management, photography skills, social media, album design, marketing & public relations, location scouting, and sales. And if there are topics you want to discuss, we’ll welcome your input.
We’re entirely convinced that it will be an amazing time.
please send a cover letter, resume, and (if you’re majoring in a creative field) portfolio samples of your work to: mailto:email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until May 20, 2015.
Please no phone calls.